4.3.14
I'm starting this journal, as a way to reflect back on the times in my life when I haven't been as happy or fulfilled as I'd like to be. I have been depressed and anxious so much the past 4 months, that I need to take the time out of my day, to remind myself of all of the good and positive things I have in my life - and to remember that EVERYTHING happens for a reason, and things will be ok.
Background:
- 27 yrs old
- Engaged to Kevin
- Living in Chicago for 6yrs
- Work at Turner Broadcasting for 1yr 3 months (Sales Assistant)
Most of my unhappiness and anxiety stems from my job... I feel like I am the low man on the totem pole (I am at Turner) and I am so anxious to move up. I have been interviewing several places from Jan-March, and I am hoping that these opportunities continue.
I haven't had an interview in several weeks, and I am reaching out to recruiters, scouring LinkedIn, reaching out to connections and applying to jobs. I'm fearful that I won't find another position and that I'll be stuck in this role for a long time. The rational part of me knows that isn't true. Things will work out - I will find a good opportunity - I just have to be patient.
I have had such negative thoughts lately - feelings of desperation, hopelessness, anxiety - mostly about my job and career. I definitely made a conscious decision to enter into the industry and make a shift in my career but I feel very undervalued/low about myself... I KNOW I can be doing more (I used to be doing more) and am afraid I made a bad decision for my life.
The rational side of me says a few things:
1. You will move up in your career
2. You won't be a lower-level assistant forever
3. The right opportunity will come along
4. The other positions didn't work out for a reason
5. Everything will be ok
I find myself needing to remember all of those things, frequently. I get knots in my stomach, my mind starts wandering to all sorts of worst case scenario situations. I DONT want to live like this anymore!

I'm starting this journal, as a way to reflect back on the times in my life when I haven't been as happy or fulfilled as I'd like to be. I have been depressed and anxious so much the past 4 months, that I need to take the time out of my day, to remind myself of all of the good and positive things I have in my life - and to remember that EVERYTHING happens for a reason, and things will be ok.
Background:
- 27 yrs old
- Engaged to Kevin
- Living in Chicago for 6yrs
- Work at Turner Broadcasting for 1yr 3 months (Sales Assistant)
Most of my unhappiness and anxiety stems from my job... I feel like I am the low man on the totem pole (I am at Turner) and I am so anxious to move up. I have been interviewing several places from Jan-March, and I am hoping that these opportunities continue.
I haven't had an interview in several weeks, and I am reaching out to recruiters, scouring LinkedIn, reaching out to connections and applying to jobs. I'm fearful that I won't find another position and that I'll be stuck in this role for a long time. The rational part of me knows that isn't true. Things will work out - I will find a good opportunity - I just have to be patient.
I have had such negative thoughts lately - feelings of desperation, hopelessness, anxiety - mostly about my job and career. I definitely made a conscious decision to enter into the industry and make a shift in my career but I feel very undervalued/low about myself... I KNOW I can be doing more (I used to be doing more) and am afraid I made a bad decision for my life.
The rational side of me says a few things:
1. You will move up in your career
2. You won't be a lower-level assistant forever
3. The right opportunity will come along
4. The other positions didn't work out for a reason
5. Everything will be ok
I find myself needing to remember all of those things, frequently. I get knots in my stomach, my mind starts wandering to all sorts of worst case scenario situations. I DONT want to live like this anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment